Benefits of Green and Organic Carpet Cleaning in San Diego Ca The Benefits of Organic Carpet Cleaners
By Global Healing Center
Why You Should Be Using a San Diego Green and Organic Carpet Cleaner
Every time toxic cleaners are used, there's a heavy impact on our environment. It does not matter whether the cleaners are poured, sprayed, washed, rinsed, or dumped. The negative and harmful effects are the same. When we use these things we risk adding toxins to the air and to the water, both of which come back to us and are shared with the public. If you are not sure whether your cleaning products are harmful to you and the environment, take a look at the product labels to see the various types of chemical ingredients that are listed. What you find might surprise you!
Some products you may want to review are your carpet and carpet cleaners. For many of the cleaning needs today, there are healthier, organic alternatives to the usual toxic products. Carpet cleaners are no different. If you are concerned about this issue, and would like to use products that are more healthful, consider switching to organic cleaning products. Organic carpet cleaners, for example, are generally dry cleaners that are much less harmful on both the human body and the environment, than traditional carpet cleaners.
What to Consider When Cleaning Carpet
The best organic carpet cleaners are biodegradable and nontoxic. You should also look for those that have a pH balance that is gentle on the environment. It is equally important to ensure that a product's packaging is made from 100% recycled material.
If you want your carpets to be professionally cleaned, you should know that there are professional organic carpet cleaners who specialize in the healthful cleansing of even the dirtiest carpets. If you have trouble locating professional organic carpet cleaners locally, try searching online to see if you can find one that is close to your area.
Dangers of Non-Organic Carpet Cleaners in San Diego
By far, the most commonly used carpet cleaners are the ones that are used by homeowners. Most of the popular brands that are sold in stores can be quite harmful to us because they are made with chemical solvents that are very similar to the ones used by dry cleaners.¹ The most commonly used carpet cleaners, including spot removers, give off powerfully strong odors that can aggravate a number of chronic respiratory conditions and allergies.
Some of the harmful ingredients that may be found in carpet cleaners include:
· Lye (Sodium Hydroxide)
In addition to these, there are a wide variety of additional compounds that are frequently found on product labels. It is helpful if you are aware of at least some of these potentially dangerous chemicals so you can avoid using them.
Why Should I Use Organic Carpet Cleaners?
Organic carpets don't give off the noxious fumes that regular carpet can. Toxic fumes from carpet come from the synthetic fibers, the chemicals used in the manufacture, as well as the chemicals used to treat it. Your carpet padding can be treated with equally harmful chemicals. These toxin chemicals can cause allergic reactions in people and pets.
Organic and Green carpet cleaners in San Diego don't pollute the air. Organic carpet cleaners are healthier for you and they're healthier for our environment. Traditional carpet cleaners generally leave a concentrated vapor hanging in the air, which causes indoor air pollution.² Indoor air pollution is a very serious concern, as it can cause sneezing, headaches, nausea, asthma attacks, irritation to the lungs, nose, and eyes, coughing, congestion, fatigue, and a host of other symptoms.
By using organic carpet cleaners, the potential for mold growth is greatly reduced. Since most organic cleaners are dry, the environment is one where mold spores will readily sprout and flourish. Once mold develops in a carpet or carpet pad, it is nearly impossible to remove. The only alternative at that point is to replace all of it.
How to Clean Your Carpet With Organic San Diego Ca Carpet Cleaners:
· The most important point to remember, is to be aware of the harmful chemicals that are typically found in commercially sold carpet cleaners, and make an effort to select organic carpet cleaners for the sake of your family's health.
· There are other alternatives that you can consider when you're planning to have greener home & work environments. There are organic carpets and pads. A very safe carpet to purchase is one made of 100% natural wool fibers.
· Carpet is not your only alternative for floor covering. Remember along side all-natural carpets made of wool or hemp, you can also elect to have natural wood flooring, not pressed or chipped board.
· When you're having new materials put on your floor, whether it's wood, carpet or some other beneficial covering, be sure to use proper backing, natural rubber is a good one. And then there's the fixative. Sometimes the glue used can give off toxic fumes that linger for a long time after the flooring is installed. Check with your installer to make certain that he's using the safest products for everyone.
· One simple & effective product for deodorizing carpet between major cleanses is baking soda. You can sprinkle this dry substance freely over your carpet. Let is sit for as short as 30 minutes or as long as over night; then vacuum. If you've ever used baking soda in your refrigerator, then you know how effective it is at removing odors. It can do the same for your carpet & it's safe.