How to Select A Carpet Cleaning Professional in San Diego
By the CRI
HIRE A CARPET CLEANING PROFESSIONAL
Commercial carpet receives many times the traffic of typical residential carpet, and carpet’s durability and lasting beauty is highly dependent on the maintenance and cleaning program employed.
The first critical component in programmed maintenance and cleaning is routine vacuuming coupled with rapid response to spots and spills. Carpet serves as a collection point for everything that is tracked in or settles out of the air. Qualities such as sound absorption, slip resistance and soil-trapping ability make it the most desirable floor covering in most buildings. Ultimately, however, even the best maintained carpet must be thoroughly and professionally cleaned to maintain peak performance.
It is important to hire the right professional cleaner in San Diego, with the right equipment, training and experience. Hiring the right professional can remove all the dirt, stains and spills from the carpet, and also can restore the color and beauty of commercial carpet, while improving overall indoor environmental quality in the building as well.
When looking for a cleaning professional in San Diego, take these cautions to heart:
- The use of brand name cleaning products does not necessarily suggest an affiliation with those companies or added credibility for the cleaning service. Make sure that you select a cleaning professional with certification from an organization that certifies professionals.
- Show the cleaning professional any problem areas and spots that need special attention.
- To prevent voiding warranties, contact the carpet manufacturer before allowing additional treatment, such as reapplying stain treatments or antistatic treatments.
- Wait for the carpet to dry completely before walking on the carpet or moving the furniture back into the room. If you replace the furniture too quickly, rust or stains from paint or finishes could mar the carpet permanently.
ASK GOOD QUESTIONS
Do not be afraid to ask questions! Here are a few questions to keep in mind:
- “How long have you been in business?” The answer can speak volumes about a company’s reputation and experience.
- “What formal training is required for the company’s management and cleaning technicians?” A reputable company should require that employees receive training certifications.
- “Do you vacuum before deep cleaning the carpet?” All professional cleaners should vacuum before they deep clean the carpet. This critical first step makes a huge difference in the result.
- “Do you use Seal of Approval cleaning solutions and equipment?” Seal of Approval products have been independently tested and certified to effectively clean carpet without causing any damage.